Thanksgiving Table Decorating

As I'm planning my Thanksgiving this year, the menu, activities for the kids, setting the table, etc..I'm looking back to ideas from last year.  The kids & I made clay ornaments to be used at the table setting and the guests took them home to use as a Christmas ornament.
I'm always looking for new pieces to use on the table for decoration but I don't want to buy new items every year. I went looking at a thrift shop and got some really great things for almost nothing.

The crystal bowl of cranberries is actually a Tiffany crystal bowl I got for $5 and the brass tea light candle holder was $1. I love bringing in the outdoors by adding gourds, finding pinecones and berries.



Making the clay ornaments, the week before.  Original Sculpey was really easy to work with. I rolled it out like cookie dough until it was 1/4" thick and used a plastic cup to cut out the circle.  The individual letter stamps I purchased at AC Moore for $1. The kids had fun using these and making their own messages.

 
 
After you write your names/message, poke a hole where the ribbon will go, then bake them at 275 degrees for about 15 minutes. We let them cool and painted the next day with metallic gold.
 



 

 


 I also put my sons turkey he made in school on the table, it was too cute not to share.




Linked up with:

Thrifty Thursday Button 
LizMarieBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment