Teen Work Space, Before & After

When we got the stay at home order in mid March, I knew we would have to do some organizing at home. My daughter needed a work space of her own for school. Her current desk was too small, so I searched on line, including Craigslist, where I found this.
I wasn't sure if I wanted the top piece of the desk, but the owner asked me to take both. So I figured we could see if the top could work too. The price was just $25, its actually made very well and in great condition.


 

I knew we would paint it white (already had the paint). I painted 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of white paint. Being such a big piece, it was just very time consuming..note to self: don't paint on a windy day!


I picked up some new draw pulls at the local hardware store, my daughter just requested gold, they did have a few gold options...






The vintage vinyl orange chair she actually picked out at a local thrift store months ago. She loved it right away.  It's very durable and easy to clean.

She loves her new desk, and the extra storage. We painted the cork a light teal, which I already had too.




No comments:

Post a Comment