Boring Beige to Stark Black Shed Makeover

I've never been a fan of my shed and I felt it was an eye-soar. I have a nice view of the trees, its calming, many birds visit. But the beige color just stood out and I wanted a warm comfortable feel in the overall yard.



Since I've been mostly home this spring, it was a good time to tackle this project with some paint and much needed yard work.

I have seen a few residences in the city and businesses painted black and love the contrast with its surroundings. Really any color looks great with it, even the backdrop of the woods, greens and browns, which I have in my yard. I choose Ben Moore Black 2132-10, and had it color matched at my local Lowe's store with a flat exterior primer & paint combo. 1 gallon of paint covers 400 sq ft typically, so I needed 2 gallons.

After doing some research, most exterior paints will apply to vinyl siding just fine. Just needs some prep work of cleaning it well, spray wash with water and a little bleach to remove any possible mold. After a day to dry, I started to paint. I was really happy the way it went on, I just needed 2 coats.



Since there was already electricity wired to the shed, I was able to have an exterior light installed.





I added some color with flowers, hopefully will grow over time. 

Moonshine Yarrow, is a low maintenance blooming perennial. I love the pop of yellow color against the black. I am also good with any plant that is low maintenance!









Paint: $39.00 gallon x2
Light fixture: $82.00
Flowers and mulch: $60.00
Total cost:
$220.00




No comments:

Post a Comment